Fettuccine with Sage Butter
1 package cooked fettuccine
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 1 ounce (1/2 cup)
Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated plus more for serving
2 Tablespoons minced fresh sage leaves.
- Place 5 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage leaves in a sauté pan large enough to accommodate the cooked pasta.
- Heat over low until the butter is melted.
- Turn off the heat and set aside for 5 minutes to allow the sage to flavor the butter.
- Cool pasta and add the desired amount to the sauté pan.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and cook over low heat, tossing to combine the ingredients and flavors, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings and serve immediately, passing more cheese at the table.