Purslane and Parsley Salad
- Active time:30 min
- Start to finish:30 min
From Gourmet, August 2008
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot or green onion
- 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes halved or quartered if large
- 6 cups packed tender purslane sprigs and leaves (from a 1-lb bunch)
- 4 cups packed flat-leaf parsley leaves (from 2 large bunches)
- Whisk together oil, juice, shallot, and 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, purslane, and parsley, gently tossing to coat.
Cooks' note: Herbs and greens can be washed and dried 1 day ahead, then chilled in sealed plastic bags lined with paper towels. Toss with tomatoes and vinaigrette just before serving.